GAZA (Palestine Foundation Information Center) The Hamas Movement has strongly condemned the Israeli military strike on a UN-run UNRWA clinic in the Jabalia refugee camp in northern Gaza, describing the attack as a brutal massacre that left at least 22 displaced civilians killed, including 16 children, women, and elderly individuals.
In a statement issued on Wednesday, Hamas said the targeting of a medical facility sheltering displaced people reflects a deliberate continuation of Israel’s ongoing genocide in Gaza, and exposes the Israeli government’s total disregard for international law and humanitarian norms.
The Movement rejected Israeli claims that the clinic had been used as a command center by fighters from the Jabalia battalion, calling such allegations “clearly fabricated justifications” for the killing. Eyewitnesses who were present inside the clinic shortly before the attack confirmed that all those sheltering there were civilians, the vast majority of them women and children.
Hamas further warned that the continued targeting of civilians in tent camps, UN shelters, and humanitarian facilities reflects not only a systematic campaign of extermination but also exposes the complete failure of the international community to intervene or hold Israel accountable. “What is happening in Gaza is a documented series of war crimes and acts of ethnic cleansing,” the statement added, “executed by the fascist Israeli regime with explicit support from the United States.”
The statement concluded by affirming that the Palestinian people remain steadfast in defending their legitimate rights, resisting attempts to erase their cause or displace them from their land. “These massacres will not break our resolve,” Hamas said, “and the Palestinian people will continue their struggle for freedom and self-determination.”
Separately, the Government Media Office (GMO) in Gaza described the bombing of the UNRWA clinic as a “complete war crime” under international law. It confirmed that the Israeli airstrike, carried out on Wednesday morning, killed at least 22 people, including 16 children, and left dozens injured.
The GMO warned that this attack was part of a broader effort to enforce new facts on the ground, through military expansion, forced displacement, and the destruction of health and humanitarian infrastructure. It said the targeting of medical facilities, shelters, and civilian infrastructure is being carried out intentionally as part of Israel’s ongoing war strategy in Gaza.
According to the statement, Israel has now destroyed at least 228 displacement centers and shelters, in violation of all international conventions guaranteeing the protection of civilians during armed conflict.
The GMO placed full responsibility on Israel, the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, and France as parties complicit in the genocide and ethnic cleansing taking place in Gaza.
It called on all states to publicly condemn these atrocities and to hold the responsible party accountable for the bloodshed being inflicted upon civilians. The GMO reiterated its urgent call for bold and immediate international action, including from the United Nations, the UN Security Council, and the International Criminal Court, to launch investigations and ensure justice for the victims of these ongoing crimes.