On the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the launch of the Global Call of Solidarity with the Palestinian People, and the tenth anniversary of the passing on of the international freedom fighter, President Nelson Mandela, the Global Campaign to Return to Palestine (GCRP) and the Royal House of Mandela (RHoM) have convened the Fifth Global Convention of Solidarity with Palestine. The Convention was held, under the title: “Nelson Mandela and Palestine: Confronting Racism till Liberation, between 3rd and 5th of December 2023 held in the city of Johannesburg, South Africa. The Convention met in the shadows of the barbaric war of extermination waged by the usurping Zionist entity on Gaza and all of occupied Palestine. We take a very clear stand in condemning the genocide, war crimes and crimes against humanity perpetrated by the Zionist entity before and since 7th October 2023. In appreciation of the great symbolic
status of the late President Nelson Mandela, and his heroic efforts in the face of racial discrimination and human rights violations, and President Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela was a loyal supporter of the resistance of the Palestinian people whilst he was in incarceration and after his release. His voice remains the greatest moral force that can shape the future of Palestine-from occupation to liberation.
At the end of the conference, the participants in the Fifth Global Convention of Solidarity with Palestine decided the following:
- The necessity of an immediate and unconditional cessation of the Nazi-Zionist war of annihilation against the Palestinian people; This is the responsibility of the United States and the Normalizing and supporting countries of the usurping entity.
- Calling on activists and civil society organizations to denounce this war and impose its cessation, through a joint plan and specific activities, to demonstrate the highest level of global rejection and condemnation.
- Continue work to prosecute the Zionist entity and the countries supporting it for the brutal crimes committed against the Palestinian people, especially in the recent war on Gaza whether in international or national courts.
- Launching practical activities to break and completely lift the, and siege on Gaza coordinating specific joint practical actions between civil organizations and activists around the world to achieve this.
- Developing coordinating mechanisms between civil society organizations internationally, and developing a work program for solidarity activities and events throughout the year.
- Establishing a coordinating mechanism between activists and influencers on social media, to enhance support for the Palestinian cause and expose the crimes of the Zionist entity.
- Continuing on and strengthening mass movements in most countries of the world in support of the Palestinian people, condemning Zionist crimes, and rejecting normalization.
- Saluting the Palestinian resistance, declaring absolute support for its great struggle until the liberation of all of Palestine from the river to the sea, and thanking all resistance movements for their effective support of the Palestinian resistance in confronting the Zionist aggression.
- The participants in the Convention stand in humility before tens of thousands of honorable martyrs, children, women and men. They extend their highest greetings to the steadfast and resistant Palestinian people in all the occupied territories, especially in the Gaza Strip. They express great appreciation for their struggle and great sacrifices, which confirm the inevitability of the end of the racist and illegitimate Zionist entity.
10-Emphasizing the integration of the global struggle, and linking the struggle of leader Nelson Mandela in the face of racial discrimination, and the resistance of the Palestinian people against Zionism and colonialism.
11-Thanks and appreciation to the family of President Nelson Mandela, the Global Campaign for the Return to Palestine and the Royal House of Mandela for sponsoring this forum, and to the people and government of South Africa for their sincere and continuous positions in support of the Palestinian people.
Adopted on this 4th day of December 2023, at Qurtouba, Johannesburg