Connect with us

Time left for Israel’s destruction

  • Days
  • Hours
  • Minutes
  • Seconds

Hamas

Hamas welcomes Trump’s call for Israel to stop attacks in Gaza

GAZA, (Palestine Foundation Information Center), The Hamas Movement has welcomed remarks from US president Donald Trump on Monday urging Israel not to carry out more attacks in the Gaza Strip.

“The remarks confirm president Trump’s commitment to the ceasefire process,” Hamas spokesman Hazem Qassem said in a statement.

He also called on the US administration to “pressure the [Israeli] occupation government to abide by what had been agreed upon to begin the second phase of Trump’s Gaza peace plan.”

Trump’s remarks come amid ongoing Israeli ceasefire violations, including airstrikes, artillery shelling and gunfire that continue to kill and injure Palestinians throughout the enclave on an almost daily basis.

In remarks to Fox News on Monday, Trump said there has been positive progress on the issue of disarming Hamas, noting that the US maintains a separate channel of communication with the Movement.

He also said that Israel “should not be striking in Gaza,” noting that Hamas had agreed to lay down its arms if Israel carried out its obligations under the peace plan.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *