Connect with us

Time left for Israel’s destruction

  • Days
  • Hours
  • Minutes
  • Seconds

Hamas

Khalil al-Hayya urges mediators to halt Israeli attacks on Gaza

DOHA, (Palestine Foundation Information Center), The Hamas Movement leader Khalil al-Hayya on Wednesday condemned the escalation of the deliberate Israeli killings, including an attack that targeted senior Palestinian police officials in Gaza City.

In a statement, al-Hayya said the continued Israeli attacks demonstrate that the Israeli occupation is pressing ahead with its aggression without regard for ongoing diplomatic efforts, mediation or international guarantees.

He warned that the continued escalation places a major and critical responsibility on mediators and guarantor states, calling for urgent intervention to compel the Israeli government to halt its attacks and prevent the collapse of the ceasefire agreement and a renewed cycle of confrontation.

Hamas had earlier said that an Israeli strike on a police headquarters in Gaza City on Wednesday afternoon, which killed nine people, most of them police officers and personnel, constituted a “war crime.”

The Movement said the attack reflected the determination of the government of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to evade its commitments and refuse to move forward with the remaining stages of the ceasefire agreement.

The Israeli strike on the municipal police headquarters in central Gaza City killed nine people and wounded 15 others.

Gaza’s Ministry of Interior and National Security said Israel had committed a “new brutal massacre” against officers and members of the civil police in Gaza City.

In a statement, the ministry rejected Israeli claims used to justify the attack, saying Israel was seeking to eliminate the police force in an effort to spread chaos within the Palestinian society.

Israeli violations of the ceasefire agreement continue amid ongoing talks, negotiations and diplomatic efforts in Cairo involving mediators, Palestinian resistance factions and the Peace Council, which recently met with Netanyahu alongside US regional envoy Jared Kushner.

The violations come despite US President Donald Trump’s July 31, 2026, announcement that a “new agreement” had been reached to begin the roadmap’s second phase.

Israeli violations also continue despite the agreement to end the Israeli genocidal war on Gaza, signed in the Egyptian city of Sharm el-Sheikh on October 10, 2025, under Arab and US mediation.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *